Welcome to the new PSP Forum (2020)

Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the new PSP Forum (2020)

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the new PONTIAC Street Performance (PSP) Forum. The former PSP Forum and most of its content is still around but in an archived state. The URL address for former PSP Forum will be posted very soon, so stay tuned....

As with the former PSP Forum, registration is required to "interact" (participate). If you are a renewing member, you may use your previous user name and more than likely the same password as you had before. You may find that a few more letters or numbers are required in the password. That should not be a problem for most of you. 8-)

One of the things that most of you wanted and could not do easily with the former PSP Forum was posting images easily. Most of you had to engage a 3rd party that hosted the images and then you had to link those picts inside the former PSP Forum for them to appear. Well, that has changed. Nothing is perfect and it isn't but it will be easier to do. Most of you will be able to "drag and drop" images without any 3rd party hosing the images etc. The main caveat is the program limits the size of the image being uploaded and if it's too larger, the program will reject it saying it is "too larger." To make it work, the image needs to be made smaller, that is pixel size, width and height will need to be changed. This task is on you. Below is a small photo for illustration purposes. The size of it is 500 pixels wide by 347 pixels high. Resolution is at 100. This photo was resized years ago on Photoshop and was taken with a digital camera, not a smart phone. Many of us use our smart phones to take pictures and store them--thousands of picts if your are like me. Honestly, I do not know at this time how to upload a photo from a smart phone and don't know how to resize it via the phone, but, like everything it seems, there has to be an APP that will resize photos to smaller dimensions like I've done many times in Photoshop. Okay here is the test photo. It takes up 189kb of space. The program refers to the photo as an Attachment to the post. Several photos may be included. They should all be about the same size.
79TA400.jpg
79TA400.jpg (189.15 KiB) Viewed 176 times
This photo was dragged and dropped into the box where text is being typed. Below that text box is another box showing the status of the photo. Under "Filename" the name of the photo, in this illustration 79TA400.jpg, will appear. There are two buttons, "Place inline" and "Delete File." By clicking on the "Place inline" button, the words showing the attachment language will appear in the text box. Thereafter, you may see the entire post by clicking on the "Preview" button. Once your post is completed, click on the "Submit" button, and you've published your first post with an image.

More to come on the How to with the new forum. I am learning, and so will you. Enjoy, and don't forget to register. 8-)

Bill Boyle
ye old webmaster
"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Marilyn

Re: Welcome to the new PSP Forum (2020)

Post by Marilyn »

Your car is beautiful!

rkellerjr
Tribal Scout

Post by rkellerjr »

Testing uploading a pic of my '75
Tail of the Dragon
Tail of the Dragon
TailOfTheDragon-PSP.png (253.81 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Rich
1975 TA - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCENVXA ... zhw/videos
When you turn your car on does it return the favor

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rich, I've expanded the parameters of the avatar. Let me know what you think now. Also, the YouTube link works just fine as I saw your '75 TA leave the driveway....

What I was trying to do was to emulate my signature too with several of the same picts used before. I have figured out how to run them in a row horizontally, it requires a comma (,) after the last image bracket-- just 3 images permitted. Lots to do yet with permissions etc.
Bill
Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updating information.
"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

*Lee*
Tribal Scout

Post by *Lee* »

I had to get a little creative to keep my old SN ;)

i82much
Tribal Scout

Post by i82much »

Board looks great to me!
Attachments
353EA2C4-57A8-4855-AFD0-2B7475E4409E.jpeg

JayS.
Two Feathers

Post by JayS. »

Trial Run! Bye Bye corncob2061.Hello JayS... So far so good. Big Improvement! Pics are now SO EASY! Thank you Bill!
Attachments
BEDC3227-7862-4467-8557-13BC07E6896B.jpeg

p.rat

Post by p.rat »

Hi everyone. Congrats on the "new" PSP website! Just registered and exploring. One thing that stands out is at the Forum Home page, under the Pontiac Performance section. Even though there is still a subsection for "Firebirds, Formulas, and T/A's", there is no subsection for "GTO, Lemans, and Tempest" or Grand Prix, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad that there is still enough interest to keep PSP going and hopefully this site will grow! There is so much information to be gleaned from the knowledge and experience of it's users that I would hate to see this site "fade away" like so many of our magazines have! Please publish an address to send contributions to help defray costs, as some of us may prefer to not use PayPal.

p.rat

Post by p.rat »

Just a side-note to my prior, love the pics!!!

Kiwi Mal

Post by Kiwi Mal »

Good luck with the new forum Bill. Just testing the photo upload from my phone.
IMG_20200629_193935.jpg
Easy peazy