"Tux" the "garage cat" 5 years with us!

Bill Boyle
Two Feathers

"Tux" the "garage cat" 5 years with us!

Post by Bill Boyle »

On 28 July 2015, I said to my wife, "There’s something in the garage.  It’s either a raccoon or a cat!" It turned out to be a pedigreed 1 year old Manx kitty (a breed with no tail, from the Isle of Man). At the time my TA was being worked on constantly. Lots of garage noise and activity.

The little kitty was dumped off in our neighborhood along with a fellow cat. We learned that later. Our cat, saw the garage door open and came and hid despite the people activity. We finally spotted her hiding under my work bench. The poor thing was terrified. My wife came to the rescue and got kitty food and we put out a bowl of water and gave her some toys. Although the door was always open, the kitty, named "Garage Cat" by me never dared to leave the garage sanctuary. After weeks, the kitty finally let us see her and one day she allowed my wife to touch her head. That was the beginning. We never had a cat, didn't know much about them and at the time of all of this we had 3 mature collies inside the house. We bought a cat carrier and were able to catch Garage Cat and take her to the vet for a check up. We learned that she was neutered and chipped and the previous owner dumped the cats off in our neighborhood to get rid of them and didn't want Garage Cat back. When the folks at the animal hospital asked what was the kitty's name, I changed it from the very impersonal Garage Cat to Tux as in Tuxedo. She is all black with a white chest and white paws--blazing yellow eyes. A true beauty.

In time, Tux graduated from the garage to being an indoor house kitty. Our mature boy dog, Buddy, gave approval for Tux to come in from the garage in 2015 and our two female Collies approved as well. Life has been terrific for Tux these past 5 years. She has it made. We have only one of the mature collies left, she turns 13 in August, however, Tux has a 21 month old boy collie to enjoy and play with and vice versa. Tux has been a blessing for our crazy family. We adore her and she is nuts about that garage noise maker, me. 8-)
First photo--when Tux was a 1 year old kitty; Photo 2, now at 6 years of age. Living the good life.

IMG_4181Copy copy.jpeg
IMG_2302.jpeg
"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."
Image,Image,Image
1979 Trans Am: 400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, Pypes 2.5 SS dual exhaust X pipe, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 800 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.

JayS.
Little Wolf

Re: "Tux" the "garage cat" 5 years with us!

Post by JayS. »

The cat looks like he owns the place :)

I have one dog that despises cats, no cats here anymore, he won’t have it. :roll:

My grandma next door had a house cat. It was an awesome cat, great company for her. Grandma liked to watch wild kingdom on the public tv channel. The cat would periodically charge the tv when animals came on the screen. You would see it flash across the room in full stride and THUD. :lol:

Bill Boyle
Two Feathers

Re: "Tux" the "garage cat" 5 years with us!

Post by Bill Boyle »

Our collies, two that have passed away as well as the new pup, were/ are crazy about Tux. There was never any aggression showed by canine or feline. They are crazy about each other. I never thought that would happen and was surprised, I expected chaos--nothing of the kind.
"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."
Image,Image,Image
1979 Trans Am: 400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, Pypes 2.5 SS dual exhaust X pipe, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 800 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.